First, let me introduce myself. I'm Amanda. Sometimes I go by Mandy.
I enjoy designing innovative solutions for real problems. Design Thinking is my jam. Some people get a rush of endorphins from running. I get mine from ideating. I am curious about why people do what they do. The answers always surprise me.
Why hire me?
My philosophy is to have strong opinions but be willing to lose them when necessary. I strive to be both helpful and kind everyday. I am someone you want on your team. I'm happy to lead as much as I'm happy to follow. I'm rarely satisfied so I'm always working to improve my skills. (In fact right now as you're reading this, I'm probably updating my portfolio to make it better.) My goal with every design is to make decisions based on my users' wants and needs. When people look at my work, I want to wow them. I want to make people's lives better through design.
Some Fun Facts
- I'm originally from Baltimore, Maryland hon! (Yes, sometimes that does slip out.)
- I moved to Boston in 2011 after falling in love with the city. I've visited other cities but there's nothing like coming home to Boston.
- I'm left handed.
- I enjoy board games such as Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, and Innovation.
- I like to bake. I'm known for bringing treats in at work.
- In my spare time, I enjoy making food into pieces of art.
- I also dabble in landscape and portrait photography.
- I'm married to the mattress nerd and so I frequently have mattresses on the floor of my living room waiting for me to test. It's a hard job but someone has to do it.
Thanks for stopping by!